STREETDANCE Mini-combination Isolation 17
STREETDANCE belongs to the dance style Hip-Hop.
MINI COMBINATIONS are well suited for a short input about "cognitive skills with music". These mini combinations are characterised by performing movements of different body parts at the same time. Students often find it motivating and fun to learn a mini combination isolation that was chosen according to the appropriate skill level of the class.
Street dance, the dance from the streets, has found its way into the video clips of the stars. It is a dynamic dance style that combines urban dance styles, funky moves, hip hop styles, jazz dance and "new style". It presents challenges and fun.
- Experience with movement and music
- Examples from the category: "Short Dances"
- Body tension exercises in general
Tips for implementation:
- Don`t practice single movements or short sequences for too long - add more variety.
- Different forms of organisations add variety and take some pressure off the teacher as the "presenter".
- Play some music during the practice phase (motivation). The sound volume can be varied.
- If 2-3 simple basic dance steps are combined with a mini-combination isolation, a short combination can be created for all of the class.
- Possible exercise: one group creates a mini-combo isolation around the topic "arms", another one around the topic "shoulder", "head", "hips", "upper body", etc.
- Students can show their own moves related to the theme that they either already know or have created or arranged within their groups.
Tips relating to the music: further information can be found under the heading "Tips & methods" > Music
- For this example, several different music pieces are suitable. A clear rhythm with between 70 -90 beats per minute (BPM) is helpful.
- Good, motivating music is very important. Use songs that are currently popular every now and then. Bring faster and slower music to the lesson. These add variety and motivation to lessons.