STREETDANCE floor 05
STREETDANCE belongs to the dance style Hip-Hop.
COMBINATIONS ON THE FLOOR are well suited for a short strengthening intervals and to "rhythmic movement to music". Combinations on the floor are usually and especially popular among boys.
Street dance, the dance from the streets, has found its way into the video clips of the stars. It is a dynamic dance style that combines urban dance styles, funky moves, hip hop styles, jazz dance and "new style". It presents challenges and fun.
- Experience with movement and music
- Examples from the category: "Short Dances"
- Body tension exercises in general
Tips for implementation:
- Make sure to alternate the sequences on the floor and sequences standing up (take the strength conditions of the students into consideration).
- Different forms of organisations add variety and take some pressure off the teacher as the "presenter".
- Play some music during the practice phase (motivation). The sound volume can be varied.
- The floor routines can be integrated into a short sequence of movements. students may also develop their own floor routines.
- Students can show their own moves related to the theme that they either already know or have created or arranged within their groups.
Tips relating to the music: further information can be found under the heading "Tips & methods" > Music
- For this example, several different music pieces are suitable. A clear rhythm with between 70 -90 beats per minute (BPM) is helpful.
- Good, motivating music is very important. Use songs that are currently popular every now and then. Bring faster and slower music to the lesson. These add variety and motivation to lessons.