LOCKING Step 23 Scooby Walk
LOCKING belongs to the dance style Hip-Hop.
Locking is danced to funk music. Locking is a dance that originated in theearly 1970s in dance clubs in Los Angeles. Locking has a defined as a set of movements determined by certain steps and moves (called locks). The movements are danced expansively and usually dynamically as well.
- Experience with movement and music
- Examples from the category: "Short Dances"
Tips for implementation:
- If sequences are performed with a partner, integrate changing partners so that students don`t always dance with the same partner.
- Different forms of organisations add variety and take some pressure off the teacher as the "presenter".
- Play some music during the practice phase (motivation). The sound volume can be varied.
- Putting together 2-3 movements can already result in a small combination suitable for a class.
- Students can show their own moves related to the theme that they either already know or have created or arranged within their groups.
Tips relating to the music: further information can be found under the heading "Tips & methods" > Music
- For this example, several different music pieces are suitable. A clear rhythm with between 70 - 90 beats per minute (BPM) is helpful.
- Good, motivating music is very important. Use songs that are currently popular every now and then. Bring faster and slower music to the lesson. These add variety and motivation to lessons.