SHORT DANCES chinese jump rope Instruction Video
See Chinese jump rope Democlip for a possible end form
Examples from the category SHORT DANCES contain short exercises with music that can be done as a warm-up or as an intro to the lesson. The exercises are designed and arranged in a way that they can be learned without a lot of prior experience and don`t necessarily lead to a certain dance style.
The emphasis is on varied work with music in combination with simple movements.
Short dances with materials provide some variation to the better known dance styles.
Target group: recommended level 3 (from age 9./10.)
- Experience with movement and music
Tips for implementation:
- It is also possible to use only parts of this sequence depending on the level of advancement of students (Please see "examples from schools" for a practical example)
- As a starter: students come up with their own elements, which they present and a second person imitates the same.
- Play some music during the practice phase (motivation). The sound volume can be varied.
- students perform this sequence as a team
- The exercise is performed at knee level with a Chinese jump rope.
Tips relating to the music:
- further information can be found under the heading Tips & methods > Music
- For this example, several different music pieces are suitable. A clear rhythm with between 100 - 115 beats per minute (BPM) is helpful.
- Good, motivating music is very important. Use songs that are currently popular every now and then. Bring faster and slower music to the lesson. These add variety and motivation to lessons.